Shravan 2019- 5 Vastu Tips For Good Luck
By: Pinki Tue, 23 July 2019 4:45 PM
The holy month of Shravan is the fifth month of the Hindu calendar beginning from Chaitra, and is the most auspicious month of the Chaturmas. It is believed that worshipping Lord Shiva during Shravan is considered more powerful than worship during normal days. This year, Shravan begins on July 23 and ends on August 22. Vastu expert believes that an individual can benefit by applying the age-old science of Vastu and its principles during the month of Shravan in order to gain spiritual rewards. We list down certain guidelines that will help open a positive karmic account in their life.
* The eastern section of a home should be given importance during the month of Shravan as it is ruled by Lord Shiva. Ddhannak recommends placing a statue of Ardhnareshwar (a composite androgynous form of the Hindu God Shiva and his consort Parvati) made out of a single piece of white marble placed in the eastern side of the home during Shravan. Worshiping the statue ensures abundant blessings in relationships.
* According to Vastu, one can activate good luck in the eastern side of the house by placing small water symbols like a mini water fountain. Ensure that water from the fountain flows from the north to the east, and that impurities from the water are removed a few times during the week to avoid stagnancy. If this is not done, expect negative energy to flood the house. Fresh water flowing from the fountain in the east can make a person more proactive, enabling him or her to make wise decisions in life.
* The holy month of Shravan is an ideal time to nurture and grow a Tulsi plant in the northern corner of the house. This will ensure an abundance of blessings.
* Spend time in the eastern section of the house. Meditate here for peace and harmony.
* Another very important element of Shiva is the Rudraksha—a bead made out of the tears of Lord Shiva. Wearing a Rudraksha during the month of Shravan is considered to be auspicious as it not only acts as a protective shield against planetary mal-effects in one’s chart but also helps to attain peace and harmony from within.