11 Tips To Help You Control Hair Fall
By: Pinki Wed, 23 Sept 2020 08:15 AM
Obsessed about our hair, aren’t we? We want hair that does the talking, which makes others envy and that which shines and bounce, don’t we? However, let’s face reality, thanks to the various causes around, we don’t have such lovely hair, worse still it breaks and falls every time we touch it. We tend to ignore the few strands, because they say 100 strands a day does fall. However, when it gets too much to handle, we panic, we stress and anxiety takes over, making matters worse, for no one wants to be bald!!
Now that you know a little about what NOT TO DO, let us together learn what we should do to keep the crowning glory healthy and in place. Here are a few tips from grandma’s secret diary, no wonder she had the best hair till date, and her skin was awesome and flawless too. Hair the remedies of the ancient wisdom; the kitchen has plenty of ingredients that would keep your tresses in good shape. Take a look at the recipes below, and none of them would have an iota of chemicals in it.
* Get the hair and the scalp massaged with essential oils, either individually or together. For example, warm coconut oil or jojoba oil, almond or canola oil would help, olive and pumpkin oil too would be good, and so would be mustard and lavender. Mix them well or use separately on different days, thrice a week for half an hour and washed with herbal shampoos, does wonders.
* Cinnamon tastes fine and smells heavenly, so if you use a pinch of the spice with a tablespoon of honey and a little lemon juice, the hair masque would promote hair growth and keep the scalp clean as well. Hair loss is prevented big time, and in the days gone by, many men and women used it to curb hair fall and baldness too
* The paste of an onion with a tablespoon of honey would do wonders in control hair fall. Get the hair follicles and scalp massaged, all the way to the hair ends and let it rest for twenty minutes. Do this twice a week and then wash it off with a mild herbal shampoo. The bounce and shine, and a clean scalp is guaranteed, along with lesser than normal hair strands to fall.
* Tea tree oil has it’s own magical role to play in promoting hair growth, say holistic experts. It disinfects the scalp and nourishes the hair in all its glory. Bring back the crowning glory by apply the oil and using a hot turban for the goodness to soak. Twenty minutes twice a week and your hair stops falling, we promise.
* The paste of aloe vera when used directly on the scalp nourishes the follicles and keeps the scalp clean. This is also true when the paste is mixed with a tablespoon of castor oil, which helps thicken hair growth and also protects each strand on your head. Hot turban therapy with the oil and paste massage would do wonders. Wash the remnants off with cold water and let it dry naturally.
* Horsetail and palmetto are herbs which help promote and stimulate hair growth. They have plenty of silica in it, which makes the hair shine and grow as well.
* Use a natural hair conditioner, and not a chemically made one. For example, curd and milk are rich in acids necessary to help maintain the pH levels of the scalp, and to promote hair growth too. They make the hair soft, shiny, silky and strong. Apply the mix and allow the concoction to stay on your hair, in the concoction you may choose to use amla pieces and lime. The two would help fight scalp infections, hair problems, hair fall and hair loss in the long run.
* Wheat grass juice and wheat germ oil help with hair that is thin. The two can be used in 1:1 quantities with any essential oil for thirty minutes and turban wrapped. Do this thrice a week and watch how the hair comes back to shine
* Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and form a paste the next morning. Rub this paste into your hair and keep it for an hour. Do this twice a week and if need be oil your hair after you wash off the paste under cold water. This brings back the shine and prevents hair fall.
* The juice of coriander or the paste of the herb on your hair is potent to stop hair fall. Apply it once a week and follow it with hot oil treatment, using any of the essential oils you find at home. Duration for the hot oil and the juice treatment, not more than twenty minutes each. Follow it up with a shampooing session and voila, hair care done
* Mix a cup of curd with lime juice and apply it well over the hair. The follicles need the acids to maintain the pH level of the scalp, and the infections, build-up and other issues such as hair loss and hair fall would be treated too. Do this twice a week and for 30 minutes each time, it would work wonders
* Get to the pharmacy for emu oil, which helps moisten the hair and scalp and promotes hair growth. Apply the oil with a base of sesame, 1:2 and use a hot turban therapy later on. This would take out the dirt and grime and would also manage the hair.
* Use rosemary juice or oil to wash or moisten the hair, it helps prevent the brittleness and breakage in the long run. 1:1 rosemary and almond oil mixed and used for twenty minutes, thrice a week would be good.
* Licorice and sage would do wonders to promote hair growth. An extract of the two
when mixed would be best to use for ten minutes, thrice a week, say experts.
* Sage tea is amazing as a friend to hair, hair growth is possible and the hair roots are fed well.