3 DIY Remedies To Get Rid Of Tan
By: Pinki Wed, 16 Sept 2020 6:33 PM
Step out into the sun in May, without taking care of protecting your skin, and say 'hello' to suntan. Why? The reason is simple: our skin comprises of ‘melanin’, and its purpose is to provide color to one’s skin. As the ultraviolet rays of the sun damage our skin, it fights back by producing more melanin, thereby causing our skin to change color.
This change in color is precisely what tan is. Today, we will make you familiar with 3 fruity remedies that get rid of tan and restore your skin back to its original tone, along with rejuvenating it and imparting a lasting glow.
Pineapple Pulp and Honey
Pineapple contains enzymes that fight free radicals in the skin. Vitamins A, C, and antioxidants roll back suntan to reveal the natural tone of your skin.
- Blend 4-5 cubes of pineapple with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture to the tanned areas of your skin.
- Wash off after 20 minutes
Strawberries and Milk Cream
Strawberries are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids and Vitamin C that help brighten skin. On the other hand, milk cream retains moisture in the skin, keeping it graceful and healthy.
- Mash a few strawberries with a fork.
- Come up with a paste, by adding two teaspoons of cream to it.
- Apply and wash it with cold water after 20 minutes.
Papaya and Honey
Natural enzymes in Papaya have exfoliating properties, while honey acts as a natural moisturizer. Together, they keep a check on the aspect of skin-aging.
- Take 5-6 cubes of Papaya.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and mash.
- Apply and wash after 30 minutes.