5 Amazing Benefits Of Using Mustard Oil For Skin
By: Pinki Fri, 14 Feb 2020 8:36 PM
Every Indian grandmother has a secret ingredient which they swear will cure every ailment you may be suffering from. Got an upset stomach? Use mustard oil to cook. Losing hair? Get a warm mustard oil head massage. Heck, it has so many benefits that we’ve listed a few secret mustard oil for skin masks which we swear will make your skin say, hello beautiful!
You will only know the true benefits of mustard oil for skin when you actually start using it as a part of your daily regimen. It is rich in vitamin B complex, vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium, protein and omega 3 fatty acids. No wonder it can be used as a remedy for so many skin afflictions. Try our mustard oil for skin whitening face masks and see your dark spots and tans fade away. Mustard oil also works wonders if you have chapped lips.
* For Skin Complexion
1 tbsp. of coconut oil
1 tbsp. of mustard oil
- Massage well into your skin every night for 15 minutes and then wash it off with a mild face wash
- In a few days you’ll notice your skin not only getting lighter but also much softer.
* Removes Suntan
Try this mustard oil for skin lightening face pack and stop hiding in the shade every time you step out in the sun.
- All you need is 1 tsp. of mustard oil. Really, that’s all.
- Massage your tanned skin with this mixture for 10 minutes and then wipe it off with a wet cotton ball.
- Your skin will restore itself back to its original tone in a few days.
* Ward Off Infections
- Take 1 tsp. turmeric powder, 2-3 strands of saffron, 1 tsp. sandalwood, 1 tbsp. gram flour or besan and 1 tsp. mustard seeds.
- Add 2 tbsp. of mustard oil to this mixture and mix well.
- Use it twice a week to scrub off dead skin and keep skin infections at bay.
- And the final step is to moisturise your skin with Olay Natural White 7 IN ONE Night Nourishing Repair Cream just before sleeping.
* Dark Spots Vanish
1 tbsp. besan or gram flour
2 tbsp. of mustard oil
1 tsp. of lemon juice
2 tbsp. of curd
- Mix it to make a thick paste and apply to affected area.
- Keep on skin for 15 minutes and then wash with cool water.
- You will soon notice your dark spots getting lighter soon.
- Repeat once every few days.
* Removes Acne
The omega 3 fatty acids present in this glorious oil, cures even the most persistent acne. Its anti-inflammatory properties and anti-bacterial properties help your skin fight those irritating pimples
- Take some mustard seeds and boil them in 1 litre of coconut oil.
- Let this cool down and then strain it
- Use it to massage your skin every night for a few weeks and rejoice in how quickly your acne clears up.