5 Beauty Benefits Of Using Chamomile
By: Pinki Sun, 01 Dec 2019 12:21 PM
As most cosmetic and beauty products are usually loaded with chemicals, more people are opting for herbal products to apply on their skin and hair.Several herbs have been used since ancient times for beauty purposes one of them being chamomile. Chamomile is popular for its calming, anti-irritant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
A 2009 study published in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology reports that chamomile has been included in a wide variety of cosmetic products, including soothing moisturizers and cleansers as well as color-enhancing hair products.
* Cures Acne
- Brew a cup of chamomile tea, saturate a clean washcloth with the tea and wring it out slightly.
- Wash your face with a mild facial cleansing soap.
- Place the washcloth over your face, allowing it to stay in contact with your skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove the washcloth and rinse your face well with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with a soft cotton towel. Do it twice daily.
* Lightens Skin Complexion
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Put 2 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers in the water and let it simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Strain out the chamomile-infused water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to it.
- Apply the solution on your face and neck area, and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off thoroughly with fresh water.
- Use it once daily.
* Fights Skin Aging
- Steep a cup of chamomile tea and allow it to cool.
- Dip a cotton ball in the tea and rub it over the affected skin.
- Wait 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water.
- Do it once daily to enjoy healthy and glowing skin.
* Exfoliates Skin
- Empty the contents of 2 or 3 tea bags into a bowl.
- Add a little sugar and olive oil to make a good scrub.
- Apply this scrub gently on your clean face and massage it around using circular motions.
- Rinse your skin with cold water and pat dry.
- Do this once a week.
* Reduces Dark Circles
- Steep 4 chamomile tea bags in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags. Put one in the refrigerator and the other on the kitchen counter.
- First, put the tea bag from the kitchen counter on your closed eyelids for 5 minutes.
- Next, place the refrigerated tea bag on your eyelids for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment as often as you like.