5 Easy Remedies To Get Rid Of Smelly Hair
By: Pinki Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:46 AM
Smelly hair, as the name suggests, is characterized by an unpleasant odor emanating from the hair and scalp. It can be caused by a condition called smelly hair syndrome. It can haunt people of any age and is not related to poor hygiene.
Oily hair is more prone to this condition because it picks up environmental pollutants and strong smells more readily.Also, factors like stress and hormonal imbalance can contribute to this embarrassing problem. Scalp psoriasis and infections, particularly fungal infections, are also causes.
* Baking Soda
- Mix one part baking soda in three parts water.
- Rinse your hair with water and apply the baking soda paste on your damp hair.
- Leave it on for about five minutes and then wash your hair.
- Repeat the process once a week.
* Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add one-half cup of organic apple cider vinegar to two cups of distilled water and mix in three drops of an essential oil such as lavender, rose, or others.
- Spray the solution throughout your hair and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse it out with cold water.
- You can simply rinse your hair with a solution of one-half tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one cup of water. Leave it on for about a minute before rinsing it out.
* Lemon Juice
- Dilute the juice squeezed from two lemons in a cup of water. After shampooing, work the mixture into your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off. Do this once or twice a week.
- If you have a fungal infection on your scalp, mix the juice from one lemon in one cup of plain yogurt.
- Work it into your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this once a week.
- You can also combine lemon juice with a fragrant essential oil like rosemary or lavender and leave it in your hair overnight. Do this two or three times a week.
* Tomato Juice
- Apply fresh tomato juice on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it out.
- Do this once or twice a week.
* Tea Tree Oil
- Dilute a little tea tree oil in water and apply it on your scalp. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo (two drops per ounce of shampoo). Shampoo as usual.