5 Essential Oils To Help You Get Rid Of Skin Troubles
By: Pinki Tue, 24 Mar 2020 6:13 PM
A well-maintained skin care routine is most certainly one of the secrets behind healthy and beautiful skin. A beauty regimen need not be a tedious exercise of slathering your face with a plethora of high-end creams and lotions that take forever to work and an instant to burn a hole in your pocket.
Plus, most of these supposedly top-of-the-line beauty products come packed with parabens and may ultimately do your skin more harm than good. No wonder then that essential oils are fast emerging as a must-have item in the skin care arsenal of beauty experts the world over. These skin-healing potions offer a much more viable, natural, and cost-effective alternative to the overpriced and chemical-laden beauty lines.
* Tea Tree Essential Oil for Acne
Acne is an irritating and painful problem that afflicts people across gender and ages. It is caused by bacteria and a surplus production of sebum, which tend to accumulate in the pores of the skin. While acne is common on the face, it can also develop on the chest, shoulders, arms, legs. and buttocks. Tea tree oil is a godsend for acne-prone skin. It boasts unique disinfecting and soothing properties. Furthermore, it helps kill the harmful bacteria responsible for acne and even helps prevent it from recurring.
- Mix 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil into 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Using a cotton ball, dab it gently on the acne-affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, thoroughly mix 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil into 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply it on the affected area. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with water. Repeat once daily.
* Lavender Essential Oil for Fungal Infections
Fungal infections can occur on the surface of your skin, within a skin fold, or in on any other area that is warm and moist. Such infections are generally accompanied by intense itching and discomfort. This is where lavender oil comes in.This magic potion can help remedy any type of fungal infection, including athlete’s foot, jock itch, and ringworm, all thanks to its formidable antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. What’s more is that lavender oil works for just about any skin type, from dry to oily and aging to sensitive.
- Mix 2 or 3 drops of lavender essential oil into 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the oil blend on the infected area.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Pat your skin dry thoroughly.
- Repeat this twice daily until the fungal infection is completely gone.
* Neem Essential Oil for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that causes scaly, red, and raised patches on the skin. It commonly affects the knees, scalp, or the outside of the elbows. Neem oil has proven extremely effective in the treatment of psoriasis.Neem, also known as Indian lilac, has antifungal and antiseptic properties that can help treat psoriasis and prevent the condition from spreading.
- Put a few drops of neem oil on a cotton ball.
- Dab the oil on the affected skin before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily.
* Peppermint Essential Oil for Sunburn
If your perfect day involves you soaking in the sun while unwinding at the beach or you are someone whose work demands you to spend most hours outdoors, don’t let a sunburn bog you down.Peppermint oil is your best bet against overexposure to harmful ultraviolet (UV) sunrays, which often leave you reeling with a stinging burn. Severe sunburn can cause pain and redness on the skin and sometimes even blisters.
- To soothe a sunburn, mix 5 drops of peppermint oil into 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into cool bathwater and soak in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a light moisturizer. Do this once daily.
- For a localized area, mix 2 drops of peppermint oil in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Gently rub the mixture on the affected area two to three times a day. You do not need to rinse it off.
* Geranium Essential Oil for Wrinkles
Wrinkles take away the youthful appearance of your face and make you look older than your age. To keep wrinkles at bay and your skin looking tight and supple, try geranium essential oil.Geranium oil is a natural astringent that helps minimize the appearance of wrinkles by tightening your facial skin and slowing down the effects of aging. It also stimulates blood circulation just beneath the surface of the skin, which is important for flawless and beautiful-looking skin.
- Mix 5 or 6 drops of geranium essential oil into 1 teaspoon of olive or coconut oil.
- Thoroughly massage the oil blend into your skin daily before going to bed.
- Another option is to add 2 drops of geranium oil to your daily face or body wash and use it as usual.