5 Home Remedies To Lighten Dark Armpits
By: Pinki Thu, 26 Mar 2020 2:06 PM
We often tend to ignore underarms, which become dark with time, improper care and for a few due to their genetics. However dark your underarms be it is never too late to start working on it to make it smooth and white.Here are some easy and best natural home remedies to have soft and white arm pits to make you feel beautiful that ever.
* Baking Soda
Baking Soda naturally exfoliates the skin and brightens the skin by removing dry skin and dead cells. Baking soda is also a simple solution for body odour that is a major cause for dark underarms.
- Take 2 -3 teaspoons of baking soda in a bowl
- Add a teaspoon of rose water and just enough water to make a thick paste
- Apply an even layer of the paste on the underarms and leave for 15-20 minutes
- Scrub thoroughly and wipe off with cold water.
* Chickpea Flour
Popularly known as gram flour, this common ingredient from the kitchen has a treasure for our skin. It is an excellent cleanser and helps brighten the skin by removing impurities.
- In a bowl, mix 3-4 teaspoons gram flour, a pinch of turmeric, a teaspoon of lemon juice and just enough curd to make a paste.
- Apply on the underarms and leave for 15 minutes.
- Once the paste begins to dry, wet the fingers and massage gently in circular motion.
- Rinse with cold water.
* Lemon Juice
This Vitamin C enriched fruit has natural bleaching properties which cures patchiness and dark skin problems.
- Cut wedges, if a medium sized lemon and take a teaspoon of sugar in a bowl.
- Gently squeeze the lemon, just enough to make the top layer wet
- Stick some sugar crystals on the wedge and rub on the underarm in gentle circular motions
- Repeat for other under arm.
* Sandalwood Powder
Scratchiness and germ build up is a common problem in underarms besides it being dark. Sandalwood is a common solution for these multiple problems.
- Take 2-3 teaspoons of sandalwood powder and half small teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Add rose water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture on the underarms and let dry.
- Use a damp cloth (cold) to clear off the mask.
* Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has skin whitening properties and is packed with Vitamin E which is essential to brighten and lighten the skin.
- Warm 2-3 teaspoon of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Using a cotton ball, apply to the underarms and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe with a moist cloth or wash off with soap.