5 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms
By: Pinki Thu, 28 May 2020 11:44 AM
Nothing accentuates your body like a sleeveless dress or a tube dress. The beauty lies in elegant looking shoulders making a statement. But embarrassing dark under arms usually stops us from going so far. Sleeveless tops, cold shoulders, tube tops, halter necks and off shoulders are a complete no for girls with dark underarms. Fortunately, these 5 natural remedies work well for underarms whitening.
* Baking Soda
Dark underarms is a consequence of dead skin cells accumulating over time. Not only does it darken your underarms further, they also clog the pores, leaving the skin unable to breathe. The key lies in exfoliating these dead cells off your skin. Baking soda when applied on skin gives out a basic exothermic reaction which scrapes off dead skin cells from the epidermis to give way to clear skin.
- Mix water and baking soda to create a paste and apply it to the underarms.
- Scrub gently for a little over a minute, wash with cold water and pat it dry.
- You can use rosewater instead of normal water and repeat this thrice a week.
Lemons are highly acidic and get rid of dead cells. Their bleaching properties also lighten underarms.
- Cut a lemon in half and dip it in sugar.
- Rub the slices on your underarms for 2 minutes. You may experience some mild stinging and itching.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes before washing off with cool water.
Using lemons to lighten underarms can irritate sensitive skin, and cause rashes or some other kind of reaction. Potatoes aren’t as acidic as lemons but are a better option for sensitive skin. The citric acid in potatoes is milder and, even though they work at a slow pace, they give desired results too.
- Cut potatoes into slices and rub it on the underarms’ skin.
- After 10 minutes of letting the essence settle, wash it with lukewarm water and dry it.
- Repeat twice a day.
Heat makes you sweat, and sweat can cause dark discolouration in your underarms. Also, the skin in your armpit region is under rupture for most of the day due to swaying our arms while walking or doing any basic job. The key lies in cooling down the region and what better than world’s favourite coolant- cucumber? Besides being a cooling agent, cucumbers also have bleaching agents.
- Cut slices of cucumber and rub on the skin.
- After 10 minutes, wash it and pat dry.
- Repeat twice a day.
* Orange Peels
Another fruit heaving with citrus is orange. The very same bleaching properties that lemons are blessed with reside in oranges too. But with a sweet fragrance added to it. When applied on the underarms’ skin, the orange peel will not only put forth its bleaching foot but will also act as a natural deodorant ad battle underarm odour
- Peel the oranges and leave the peels to dry for a day on the terrace.
- Once the moisture leaves the peels, grind them to form a powder.
- Mix this powder with rosewater and milk, apply the paste to the underarms.
- Scrub for over 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Repeat thrice a week.