5 Oils To Get Beautiful Glowing Skin
By: Pinki Sun, 01 Dec 2019 12:13 PM
A well-maintained skin care routine is most certainly one of the secrets behind healthy and beautiful skin. A beauty regimen need not be a tedious exercise of slathering your face with a plethora of high-end creams and lotions that take forever to work and an instant to burn a hole in your pocket.Plus, most of these supposedly top-of-the-line beauty products come packed with parabens and may ultimately do your skin more harm than good.
* Tea Tree Essential Oil
Acne is an irritating and painful problem that afflicts people across gender and ages. It is caused by bacteria and a surplus production of sebum, which tend to accumulate in the pores of the skin. While acne is common on the face, it can also develop on the chest, shoulders, arms, legs. and buttocks.
- Mix 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil into 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Using a cotton ball, dab it gently on the acne-affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, thoroughly mix 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil into 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with water. Repeat once daily.
* Lavender Essential Oil
Fungal infections can occur on the surface of your skin, within a skin fold, or in on any other area that is warm and moist. Such infections are generally accompanied by intense itching and discomfort. This is where lavender oil comes in.
- Mix 2 or 3 drops of lavender essential oil into 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the oil blend on the infected area.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry thoroughly.
- Repeat this twice daily until the fungal infection is completely gone.
* Neem Essential Oil
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that causes scaly, red, and raised patches on the skin. It commonly affects the knees, scalp, or the outside of the elbows. Neem oil has proven extremely effective in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Put a few drops of neem oil on a cotton ball.
- Dab the oil on the affected skin before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily.
* Peppermint Essential Oil
If your perfect day involves you soaking in the sun while unwinding at the beach or you are someone whose work demands you to spend most hours outdoors, don’t let a sunburn bog you down.
- To soothe a sunburn, mix 5 drops of peppermint oil into 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into cool bathwater and soak in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a light moisturizer. Do this once daily.
- For a localized area, mix 2 drops of peppermint oil in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Gently rub the mixture on the affected area two to three times a day.
- You do not need to rinse it off.
* Geranium Essential Oil
Wrinkles take away the youthful appearance of your face and make you look older than your age. To keep wrinkles at bay and your skin looking tight and supple, try geranium essential oil.
- Mix 5 or 6 drops of geranium essential oil into 1 teaspoon of olive or coconut oil.
- Thoroughly massage the oil blend into your skin daily before going to bed.
- Another option is to add 2 drops of geranium oil to your daily face or body wash and use it as usual.