9 Homemade Coconut Oil Face Mask To Treat All Skin Problems
By: Pinki Sat, 01 Aug 2020 11:02 PM
Almost everyone has a bottle of coconut oil lying around in their houses. Coconut oil is one of the most beneficial natural skin care products available and gets absorbed easily into the skin. It nourishes and moisturizes the skin and is an excellent base for all your face masks as it has significant antibacterial properties due to its lauric acid content. It also helps in slowing down signs of aging and makes the skin youthful and bright. Incorporate coconut oil face masks in your skincare routine to reap all the benefits of this super elixir and get radiant, lustrous skin.
Coconut oil routinely features in home skincare remedies and has been used for ages as a skin moisturizer. Want to know how to make the most of this elixir for your skin? We have listed ten fantastic coconut oil face packs with different natural ingredients to include in your skincare routine below. Here you go!
Coconut Oil, Banana and Besan Face Mask
Banana contains vitamin A which restores moisture and repairs dry skin. The zinc content in besan is known to fight infections, which cause acne. It also controls excess sebum production. Coconut oil replenishes moisture and makes the skin healthy and youthful.
- Take a bowl and add the coconut oil and besan.
- Mash the banana and combine it with the paste above.
- Gently massage this mixture on your face and leave it on for an hour.
- Clean the mask off with cold water and pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Honey Face Mask
Both honey and coconut oil moisturize the skin deeply and act as pore cleansers. They have an antibacterial effect and soothe inflamed skin. They also help in preventing free radical damage and keep the skin looking young. This face mask helps you in attaining moist and dewy skin free from signs of aging.
- Mix equal quantities of the coconut oil and honey in a bowl thoroughly.
- Apply this face pack evenly over your face and neck and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Clean the face pack with cold water and pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Baking Soda Face Mask
Baking soda is a very potent skin cleanser and balances the pH of the skin. It also exfoliates the skin and sheds the dead skin cells off. When combined with coconut oils antibacterial and antifungal properties, it becomes a potent facemask against blackheads.
- Mix the coconut oil with the baking soda in a bowl to form a paste.
- Gently apply this paste on your face, massage gently for 2 minutes and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean well with cold water and pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Turmeric Face Mask
This is a great combination that was practised in the olden days. Turmeric is antibacterial and cleanses the skin thoroughly. Coconut oil hydrates the skin and reduces signs of aging. This face mask reduces skin pigmentation and lends a natural golden glow to the face.
- Take equal proportions of turmeric and coconut oil and mix thoroughly to obtain a consistent paste.
- Apply this paste on to the skin or face and leave it on for half an hour.
- Gently clean the face with cold water and pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Oatmeal Face Mask
Oatmeal is a fantastic exfoliant and works to remove dead skin cells and restores the pH balance of the skin. While coconut oil has antibacterial properties. This face mask lightens and brightens the skin while leaving the skin soft and supple. It reduces inflammation associated with acne and helps prevent further breakouts.
- Take equal proportions of oatmeal and coconut oil in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Massage this mixture onto your face in small circular motions and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the facemask off with cold water and pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Cinnamon Face Mask
Cinnamon has been used for ages due to its antiseptic, antifungal, and antioxidant properties, which prevent acne. When combined with coconut oil, the mixture effectively fights acne and brightens the skin. It also increases the blood flow to the skin and decreases sebum production.
- Mix the coconut oil and cinnamon powder thoroughly.
- Apply this face pack evenly over your face and neck and leave it on for half an hour.
- Rinse properly with cold water and pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Cucumber Face Mask
Cucumber contains potassium, vitamins A, and C, which nourish your skin. Its high water content refreshes your skin, making it smooth and plump. It has a mild astringent action and tightens the pores. It, along with coconut oil, replenishes the moisture and prevents skin infections. This facemask gives an extra dose of hydration to make it plump and youthful.
- Mix the cucumber juice and coconut oil thoroughly in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on to your face evenly and leave it on for half an hour.
- Cleanse the face pack off with cold water and gently pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Face Mask
Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory, and it contains vitamins A, C, and antioxidants that help treat acne and dry skin. It, in combination with coconut oil, soothes the skin and brightens the complexion while moisturizing it. This face mask also removes signs of aging and boosts skin regeneration.
- Combine equal quantities of the aloe vera gel and coconut oil thoroughly in a bowl.
- Apply this facemask evenly all over the face and neck and leave it to dry.
- Clean it off with cold water and gently pat dry.
Coconut Oil and Coffee Face Mask
Coconut oil has significant anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and helps in healing acne, scars, and rashes. It also nourishes the skin and combats dryness when used regularly. Coffee protects the skin from harmful free radicals with its rich antioxidant profile. This face mask exfoliates the skin and brightens the complexion.
- Combine the coconut oil and coffee powder in a bowl to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste evenly all over the face and neck and leave it on for an hour.
- Wash off well with cold water and pat dry.