Read On How To Take Care Of A Broken Nail
By: Pinki Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:32 PM
Don’t you just hate it when your nail breaks at the wrong moment? Right before you have to go out for a party! Or it gets caught in something and get ripped! It hurts! But fear not, you don’t need to cut it all off. Before you run to the clippers, try out these quick nail hacks instead. Our favorite is a tea bag. Yes, a tea bag can help fix that broken nail in less than a minute! How? Read on to find out.
Some of the biggest reasons for nail damage and breaking is related to poor health and carelessness. Unhealthy eating habits, stress, toxic chemicals, harsh manicures, rough work done by hands, and genetically brittle nails are also causes of broken nails.
# How To Take Care Of A Broken Nail
The first thing you have to do when you get a broken nail is to remove any nail polish on the nail. This helps to understand how deep the damage is and what can be done to fix it as soon as possible.
If your nail has broken all the way till the nail bed, the best thing is to remove the entire nail itself. This will prevent any infection or chances of more damage by getting snagged in something else till you get it treated. You can always attach a fake nail if there is any partial nail left on the nail bed.
# Tea Bag Hack
- Cut a paper tea bag into a piece large enough to cover the tear or broken nail area.
- Apply a clear base coat or transparent nail polish (which will act as your glue). While the polish is still wet place the tea bag piece over the area.
- Press down with your finger or tweezers to make sure there are no air bubbles between the nail and the temporary piece of the tea bag.
- Apply another coat of clear polish on top of this to settle it and allow it to dry.
- Buff nail with a file to smooth out the texture and apply your nail polish on top of this layer.