5 Juices That Are Best For Colon Cleansing
By: Pinki Thu, 27 Feb 2020 1:08 PM
Our colon, popularly known as large intestine is a vital part of the digestive system which is responsible for absorption of all the goodness of the foods we consume. It is therefore necessary to have it healthy for a better living. However, we tend to ignore the rule and eat food that is more desirable to the tongue than to the stomach. This leads to improper bowel movements and problems like acidity, diarrhea, ulcers etc. Therefore, occasionally the need is to clear the colon and perform a maintenance activity to keep it functioning at its best.
* Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera has laxative property and is an excellent ingredient for detoxification. To prepare the juice
- Cut an Aloe Vera vertically and remove the pulp from it.
- In a blender, add the pulp, one lemon’s juice. Blend thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before consuming.
* Apple Juice
Apple juice induces bowel movement which leads to thorough cleansing. To prepare the juice:
- Peel the apple and blend, strain to make fresh apple juice.
- In half a cup of this juice, add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and half a teaspoon of ginger juice.
- In a glassful of warm water add the above mixture and ½ teaspoon sea salt.
* Beetroot and Grapes Juice
Beetroot is an excellent cleanser and also helps in increase haemoglobin, keeping any kind of weakness at bay. To prepare the juice:
- In a blender take 2 beetroots, half cup water and about 25-30 grapes.
- Blend till smooth.
- Pour in a glass and add half teaspoon mint juice and salt as per taste.
* Pineapple and Kiwi Detox
Like its colour, this juice is a great way to brighten up your day. To prepare the juice
- Take a small peeled and cored sliced pineapple, a medium kiwi, about an inch of peeled ginger and a cupful of diced papaya(optional)
- Blend all the ingredients and pour in a jar
- Add about a cupful of fresh coconut water. Serve.
* Spinach and Coconut Blend
Both spinach and coconut have high potassium and are great cleansers. The combination is therefore advised after a serious work out. To prepare the blend-
- Take a small to medium sized coconut, a handful of fresh green spinach and green kale, 1/2 banana.
- Crack the coconut and put the water and flesh in the blender.
- Add spinach, kale and banana too.
- Blend till smooth. Serve