5 Ways To Check Pregnancy At Home
By: Pinki Thu, 25 July 2019 3:12 PM
While a scientific pregnancy test is the best way to confirm pregnancy, there are a number of historical, non-medical ways that were used before these miraculous devices were invented.
* Stored Urine Test:
- Collect your urine in a bottle or vessel like you would for a normal urine test.
- Then leave it untouched for about 3-4 hours.
- If a white film forms on the surface of the urine, chances are you may be pregnant.
- If there is no change in the urine and it remains clear, you are not pregnant.
* Wheat and Barley Test:
- This practice originated in ancient Egypt and in recent times was even tested in a laboratory to yield 70% accurate results.
- Women are advised to urinate on wheat and barley seeds over the course of several days; if the wheat sprouts, she is to have a baby girl, and if the barley sprouts, a boy.
- If neither sprouts, she isn’t pregnant.
* Toothpaste Test:
- Since the first urine of the day holds the secret, collect it in a bottle.
- Take some white tooth paste and add the urine sample to it.
- Let it stand for a couple of hours.
- If it changes colour or begins to froth, you probably are pregnant.
* Bleach Test:
- Collect the first urine of the day and add some bleaching powder to it.
- If the urine starts fizzing and foaming, there is a good chance you may be pregnant.
- If you cannot get your hands on bleach, try using a concentrated soap solution.
* Mustard Powder Test:
- Mustard powder is considered to be a period inducer.
- So if you have missed your period or it is delayed, soak in a bath prepared with 2 cups of mustard powder followed by a warm shower.
- If you get your period after this in a day or two, it was probably just a false alarm.
- But 2 weeks after this test, if there is still no sign of your period, you are most likely pregnant.