5 Ways To Get Rid Of Arm Pain
By: Sandeep Mon, 12 Mar 2018 09:47 AM
Sore or painful arms are common but should not be taken lightly.Pain in any part of your arms can prevent you from carrying out your daily activities. You use your arms for just about everything, such as lifting, holding, grabbing, and throwing.Mild pain in the arms is usually the result of a poor sleeping position, poor blood circulation, exercising or playing sports, or repetitive motions.
For the first 24 to 72 hours, allow the painful arm to rest as much as possible and avoid strenuous exercise and movement. Also, do not type or do anything to make the sore arm feel worse. This will ensure quick reduction of swelling.
* Cold Compress
- Put some ice cubes in a plastic bag and wrap the bag in a thin towel.
- Place it on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat a few times daily for a few days.
* Hot Compress
- Fill a hot water bag with hot water and apply it on the aching arm for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat a few times a day until you get complete relief.
- Also, you can stand in the shower and run warm to slightly hot water on your arm for 5 to 10 minutes. Do this twice daily.
- Compress the affected area by wrapping it with an elastic bandage, which you can buy from the drug store. Use the compression wrap for a few days, or until the pain and swelling are gone
Use 1 or 2 pillows under your arm while resting or sleeping. If necessary, use a sling to keep your arm elevated.