5 Ways To Get Rid Of Moles At Home
By: Pinki Thu, 26 Mar 2020 3:11 PM
Most moles are harmless, posing no health concerns. They are problematic primarily from an aesthetic point of view as many people find them unattractive.Medically known as melanocytic nevi, moles are black, brown, or flesh-colored spots or patches on the skin that form due to the collection of melanocytes. Melanocytes are cells that produce pigment, the coloring substance also called melanin.
Most moles appear by the age of 20 or 30. They can be flat or raised, rough or smooth, with or without hair. Factors like genetics, hormonal fluctuations and sun exposure may affect the number and appearance of your moles.Some moles will fade and disappear as a person ages, but not all and often not when people are most concerned with how they look. Some simple home remedies can help you get rid of unsightly moles.
Garlic is one of the most effective home remedies for moles because it contains enzymes that help break down the clusters of pigment-producing cells. Plus, it helps lighten the dark pigmentation.
- Crush a fresh garlic glove and place it on the mole.
- Secure it with a bandage and leave it on overnight, or at least for four hours.
- Do this daily for a few days. The mole will then fall off naturally. This method is said to give positive results with merely five days of daily application.
* Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very popular home remedy for mole removal. Due to its acid content, it helps scab the mole and makes it fall off over time.
- Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and place it on the affected area. Secure it with a bandage or medical tape and leave it on overnight. Do this daily for about 10 days or until the mole falls off.
- Alternatively, you can rub warm water on the mole or lightly scrape the surface with an emery board and then apply cider vinegar on it until it turns white. Leave it on until it dries naturally. Do this several times a day.
* Castor Oil
Castor oil helps remove warts, moles, and skin tags. Being a discutient, it helps dissolve and eliminate unusual growths. This method is not likely to leave scars. However, it tends to take a lot of time as it gets rid of moles one layer at a time.
- Mix a pinch of baking soda and a few drops of castor oil. You can also mix in ground aspirin.
- Gently rub the mixture on your mole.
- Leave it on for a few hours until it dries naturally.
- Do this twice daily for about one month.
* Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed oil is particularly useful for removing raised moles. It softens the moles and loosens them around the edges so they can easily come off.
- Mix enough finely ground flax seeds and honey with flaxseed oil to make a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for at least one hour.
- Follow this remedy three times a day for a few weeks.
A tincture of iodine can also be used to remove moles and skin tags. It triggers natural cell death and eliminates the clusters. You can get iodine tincture from a drug store.
- Clean the affected area and apply a drop of 5% iodine solution on your mole. For flat moles, you can also scratch it slightly with an emery board before applying the iodine.
- Cover it with a bandage or gauze and leave it on overnight or as long as possible.
- Repeat the procedure daily for a week or two.