8 Yoga Poses To Help You Gain Weight
By: Pinki Wed, 02 Dec 2020 7:06 PM
In a world obsessed with “weight loss”, there are many people living on the opposite end of the weight spectrum. Skinny, thin people who have always dreamt of having a muscular body are very much living in the society. Despite eating a calorie-rich diet, they find it hard to gain even a single kilo. Yoga for weight gain is a boon for such people, as it can help in reversing their body structure. Along with improving the mass, Yoga can also aid in strengthening the body and bringing a positive change in their lives. In this article, we shall learn the benefits of Yoga to increase weight, along with detailed Yoga steps for weight gain!
# Bhujangasana Or Cobra Pose:
Also known as the Bhujangasana Pose, the Cobra pose is one of the effective Yoga poses for weight gain. It is a back-bending yoga pose, which strengthens your spine and improves your breathing capacity. It must be performed every day for visible results.
- We have to lie on our front and lift up the upper body and hold it there with the help of the hands.
- The inhalation and exhalation process then proceed.
- This is the most basic yoga pose for treating and toning the abdominal muscles.
- It must be done in sets of 15 seconds each with a ten-second break in between.
# The Sarvangasana Yoga:
Sarvangasana also known as the shoulder standing pose is a shortcut key to benefits such as optimizing the function of thyroid glands, purifying the blood. It is one of the advanced level Yoga asanas for weight gain, which can be performed every day on an empty stomach.
- Lying down on the back the lower portion is forced upwards and held in that position with the help of shoulder blades.
- The shoulder carries the entire burden of the rest of the body.
- The hands are used to support the waist.
- This facilitates weight gain successfully if a proper diet is followed alongside the yoga asana.
# The Vajrasana Yoga:
Wondering how to gain weight by Yoga? Try Vajrasana! Also known as the diamond pose or the thunderbolt pose is another of the yoga techniques for weight gain. It is a simple, beginner pose which can be performed after a meal for better digestion. Practice it for 5 to 10 minutes a day to notice the difference.
- Kneel on the floor sitting on the heels, spine erect and the palms resting on the knees.
- Inhale and exhale of air is done slowly.
The wind relieving pose is very helping when it comes to the toning of the body and facilitation of weight gain. A healthy diet alongside this asana will surely give you the results that you require desperately. It must be practised on an empty stomach every day for about 5 minutes. This is one of the effective Yoga exercises to increase weight!
- Lie flat on your back and hold your feet together.
- Place your arms next to your body.
- Take a deep breath and bring your knees close to your chest, while you exhale.
- Hold the knees tightly during the process.
- Now, inhale slowly and release the grip.
- Repeat for 5 to 10 times.
# The Matsyasana Yoga:
The Matsyasana or fish pose is another great yoga where the person sits with her legs together and then bends backwards in an arch supported by the elbows while the hand is tucked into the hips. The head goes more backward until it touches the ground. This way blood circulation in the head opens up and helps in better hair conditions.
- Lie flat on your stomach and bring your legs together.
- Place your palms under the hips and the elbows perpendicular to the ground.
- Slowly breath in and lift your waist and your head facing the ground.
- Exhale and release it with your head back to the normal position and your back to the ground.
Savasana is another great way for weight gain as it gives you the rest you require. It is an easy pose and often called the corpse pose where a perfect has to lie in one position with their eyes closed. It is a great stress buster allowing you to gain weight over time.
- Lie down on your back.
- Place your palms next to your body, facing upwards.
- Relax your body and close your eyes.
- Meditate for a while.
# The Uttasana Yoga:
Uttasana is a forward bending pose, which can stimulate your digestive glands and boost your appetite. It also strengthens your spine and stretches your limbs for a relaxed physical self. This is a basic bending pose and is a part of the Surya Namaskars. This is the best Yoga for weight gain for male and female practitioners.
- Stand upright with your feet firm on the ground
- Now exhale and slowly bend forward till your palms touch your feet
- Hold the position for 5 seconds
- Slowly inhale and get back to the original position.
# The Kapalbhati Yoga:
This form is known as kapalbhati or the front lobe cleansing technique where the breathing movements are corroborated with the stomach muscles to work out the breathing. When the air is inhaled the stomach muscles inflate while the exhalation leads to deflating stomach muscles. This pose among other benefits helps to ease out metabolism allowing us to gain weight easily.
- Sit in a cross-legged position and place your palms on the thighs, facing upwards.
- Take a deep breath and keep exhaling it with force.
- Make a hissing noise to force the toxins out.
- Repeat for every 5 minutes.