9 Stretching Exercises To Help You Increase Height
By: Pinki Sat, 15 Aug 2020 1:13 PM
Many of us are not happy with the way we look, be it our appearance, weight, or even height. But there are solutions available all around, some medicines and treatments promise an increase in your height but are very expensive. One of the best options is – Stretching exercises are a natural solution to increase height quickly.
The height of a human body has many contributing factors, like environment, genes, hormones, and nutrition. The best way to improve growth requires a range of activities that play a vital role in enhancing muscles(lower abdomen and lower back) and posture that encourage your body to release growth hormones into your bloodstream. In this article, you explore some best stretching exercises to increase height naturally.Can stretching make you taller? Well, there are several methods and diets to increase height fast at a particular age. Stretching exercises are beneficial to increase height within a short period naturally.
This article will guide you to what stretching exercises are helpful to increase height. Follow the below 9 best stretching exercises to increase height.
* Forward Bend
- Stand straight and raise your hands into the air.
- Now slowly bend and try to touch your feet with your fingertips.
- Remember to keep your knees straight without bending.
- It will be difficult to touch your feet without bending your knees at first.
- Doing it regularly for five to ten times a day is beneficial.
* Rope Skipping
Skipping is another way to stretch your muscles that help you increase height. It is a fun way to keep yourself fit too. Another way to do it is by using a trampoline, which is more prevalent in western countries and being introduced in many play-zones for kids in India also.
How To Do:
- Take a skipping rope and jump with both legs together in-sync with the cable.
- You can repeat this process for as long as you can.
* Calf Stretch
- Stand straight facing a wall or similar surface.
- Put your hands on the wall.
- Put your right foot forward, heel touching the ground, and bend your knee slightly.
- Push your left leg backwards and stretch as much as possible and lean toward the wall.
- Hold the stretch for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Now slowly come back to the standing position.
* Reverse Table Pose
- Sit on the mat with your legs drawn out and arms on each side.
- Bend your knees, keeping your feet flat.
- Slowly move your hands behind your hips, with a width of your shoulders. Turn your fingers in the direction towards your feet.
- Breathing slowly, keep your elbows straight, and keep your hands and feet firm on the ground.
- Slowly lift your hips towards the sky, raise your chest, and draw your shoulders firmly into your back.
- Try to keep your knees, torso, and chest parallel to the ground.
- Do not strain any muscles and try relaxing and keep your legs firm.
- Once you are comfortable, slowly bend your head backwards and look at the wall.
- Remain in that position for 10 to 20 seconds.
* Hanging From a Bar
One of the best ways to tackle your height problem is by hanging and swinging from a bar. Many people cross it off as a hoax, but some researches proved that stretching could increase your height. For starters, place a rod one or two inches above your height so that you have room for body movement. A quick jump should kickstart the hanging process and try touching your toes to the floor. It is a great stretching exercise to increase height.
How To Do:
- Jump and hold onto the rod or bar.
- Keep your palms facing outwards.
- Stay in that position for as long as possible.
- Keep repeating the process with a gap of 20 seconds for 3 to 5 times every day.
- To achieve the best results, continue the process for at least three months.
Riding a cycle is a significant part of our childhood memories. Cycling is a real stunner of an exercise where you can engage in some physical activity and get some fresh air.
How To Do:
- Get onto your bicycle and place your feet on the pedals.
- Apply pressure and start pedalling clock-wise.
Playing sports is very good and an advantage for tall people. Basketball is one such sport that can help increase your height. Sports give a rush of adrenaline and make your body flexible. Basketball is a solid game that includes dunks, jumps, and swivels. Along with all these technical details, the goal to reach higher to score a basket is the real thrill. Sign up with a basketball team and see yourself gain inches just like that. It has functional stretching exercises to increase height for men.
- Dribbling the ball improves both the hands, not just the dominant one. Constant movement in your legs around the court help tone your leg muscles, increase blood flow, thereby help in increasing your height.
Much like aerobics, Pilates is a fast-paced exercise, which limits itself to body flexibility and stretching. It shakes off the rigidness of your body. Pilates not only help you to keep yourself fit but also align proper posture and strengthens your abdominal muscles by doing a thorough workout for your lower body. Stronger muscles would mean more weight holding capacity and, thus, growth.
- Extend your arms, parallel to the ground.
- Your feet should be apart.
- Straighten your legs to bring the ball forward.
- Now roll backwards, making a straight line with your body.
- Bring your chest and head away from the ball as you lift them.
- Hold for 5 seconds and repeat.
Swimming is one of the excellent activities to increase height. Many people start learning swimming from a very young age, and it is ever such a favourite summertime hobby. Learning swimming is a life-saving skill and also because swimming keeps you fit, by allowing you to grow through those strong leg strokes and keeps you off from gaining pounds.
- Swimming increases body height by stretching your ligaments, tendons, and spine. This perfect motion is another good stretch for height.