Breathing Exercises To Keep Your Lungs Healthy
By: Pinki Wed, 16 Sept 2020 3:43 PM
Our lung capacity plays a vital role when it comes to staying fit and healthy. It basically determines the amount of air that our lungs can hold and it also decreases over time.
A fall in lung capacity often leads to shortness of breath and may have an impact on other physical activities as well. So, you can practice different breathing exercises that may help avoid these problems and maintain lung capacity.
Also, as the whole world is dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, it has become more important than ever to maintain healthy lung capacity. So, here are some different types of breathing exercises you should do for healthy lungs.
- Lie down on your bed and keep your shoulders relaxed
- Place one hand on your belly and the other one on your chest
- Inhale through your nose
- Feel the air move into your abdomen as your stomach moves out
- Purse your lips together and breathe out
- Repeat this exercise for a few times
Pursed lips breathing
- Sit back and keep your body relaxed
- Slowly inhale through your nose
- Now, purse your lips together and slowly breathe out
- Do it slowly and then repeat for a few minutes.
- Sit in a comfortable and relaxed position
- Slowly inhale and expand the diaphragm
- Allow your ribs to expand first and then your chest
- Now, exhale slowly and allow your chest to fall followed by your ribs and diaphragm
- Repeat this exercise for a few times.
- Begin by standing in an upright position
- Now, bend down from the waist and exhale
- Slowly come back to the upright position and inhale
- Allow your lungs to fill with air and try holding your breath for a few seconds
- Lift your arms up and count the number of breaths
- Slowly exhale and lower your arms
- Repeat this process for a few times.
- Stand in an upright position
- Slowly exhale all the air from your lungs
- Now, breathe in and hold your breath for a few seconds
- Place both hands on your hips and count your breaths
- Exhale slowly and get back to the relaxed position
- Repeat this exercise three times.