Masoor Biryani Recipe To Make Your Dinner Time Perfect
By: Pinki Wed, 16 May 2018 11:56 AM
Indian platter is incomplete without rice. Try out these amazing rice recipes and make it interesting for your loved ones.
2 tbsp ghee,
1tsp cumin seeds,
1 bay leaf,
2 each of cloves,
cardamom and cinnamon,
1 cup onions,
1 tsp garlic, minced,
1-2 green chillies, slit,
1 tsp ginger, grated,
1 cup tomatoes, chopped,
½ tsp turmeric powder,
1 tsp garam masala,
½ cup masoor dal,
soaked for 30 minutes,
1cup basmati, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes,
2½ cups coconut milk,
fresh lemon juice to taste (optional), salt to taste
* Heat ghee in a pot. Sauté the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon for half a minute.
* Add the chopped onions, garlic, green chillies, ginger, and tomatoes.
* Now mix in the turmeric powder, garam masala, soaked masoor dal and rice and cook till the rice is aromatic.
* Add the coconut milk and mix well.
* Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
* Remove from heat, mix in the lemon juice and serve hot.