5 Tips To Keep Wooden Floor Clean
By: Pinki Tue, 19 May 2020 12:36 PM
Keeping your house clean is not always easy. It can take a lot of time and effort if you only clean every once in a while. But, if you take some time to learn the best ways to clean your floors and maintain them, you won’t run into trouble with dirt building up. I want to share 5 tips to keep wood floors clean all the time.
Wood floors and carpets both need to be cleaned, but the methods have to be different. You can’t use the same tools and cleaning solutions for both, so it’s a good idea to get the best info about how to clean wood floors and keep them clean all the time.Wood floors are different than other types of hard floors. If you leave dirt to build up on the wood, it can get caught between the wood grains and may cause scratches and damage to the floors. For this reason, it’s best not to leave dirt sitting on the floor for long. You’ll want to clean frequently, even though you don’t need to deep clean very often.
* Mats should be on the outside before stepping in, as well as on the inside to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into the house. There should also be well placed mats or carpets around the house to trap frequent spills and dirt. You can put them in the kitchen, by the bathroom doors, and around the couches, and anywhere else you park your feet, for the best dirt retention.
* Shoes are the number one source of dirt tracked into the house. If you can keep people from wearing shoes into your house, it will make it easier to keep the place clean. Politely ask guests to leave shoes on the mat inside he door, and make sure you and your family do the same.
* Although it sounds funny, you should have a specific few pairs of shoes to wear around the house on the average day. Feet tend to collect dirt and move it around the house, while also grinding it into the floors as you walk. Soft shoes like slippers or flip flops are less “sticky” and won’t track all the dirt around your house, or from outside the house in.
* Don’t just put your mop down and get to work. It’s always better to get as much dirt off the floor as possible before you start to mop. This will keep the wood from getting scratched up when you do mop, and will keep the floors cleaner in between wet cleaning.
* Cleaning solutions made for wood aren’t always a good idea for your floors. They may get them clean, but might cause some damage in the long term. Make your own soft cleaning solutions for your type of wood floors. Depending on the finish, each floor does better with different mixes. Some people recommend boiling a weak black tea, letting it cool down, and using that water to clean. It’s said to leave a brilliantly shiny finish on wood!