Delicious Recipe Of Kashmir Mutton Rogan Josh Is Perfect For Weekend Dinner
By: Pinki Fri, 13 Sept 2019 12:50 PM
Mutton Rogan josh is a delicious recipe of Kashmir and it is a treat to the taste buds. The flavours of spices blend well in Mutton Rogan josh. A delectable delight,rogan josh is a rich aromatic gravy which best suited for special occasions.This colorful mutton gravy has been a signature dish from the Kashmiri valleys from the ancestors time.
Fennel powder - 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
Kashmiri red chili powder - 1+1/2 tablespoon
Green cardamon - 6 numbers
Black cardamom - 4 numbers
Hing/asafoetida - 1/4 tea spoon
Ghee - 3 tablespoons
Lamb (shoulder cut) - 500 grams
Ginger powder - 1 tablespoon
Water - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Mace/javitri - 2 numbers
Cinnamon stick(small) - 4 pieces
Saffron - 1/4 tea spoon
* In a bowl add hing(asafoetida), red chilli powder, ginger powder, fennel seeds powder and water, mix this into a watery paste. Keep it aside.
* In a blender, add cumin seeds, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, mace and make it into a coarse powder.
* Heat ghee in a pan, add black cardamom, mutton pieces and roast it.
* Now add masala watery paste, saffron, water, and salt, then cover the lid, cook it for 45 minutes.
* After 45 minutes, add masala powder mix it and cook it for 30 minutes.