Diwali 2018- Recipe Of Keema Kaleji
By: Pinki Thu, 01 Nov 2018 12:46 PM
Keema Kaleji is a rich curry dish prepared with two basic ingredients, keema which is minced meat and Kaleji which is the liver part of the meat. A great dinner party dish that your guests would love to indulge in!
250 Gram Minced mutton (lamb)
250 Gram Lamb liver (cut into small pieces)
4 Medium Onion, chopped
10 cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Cumin seeds
2 Tbsp Coriander powder
1 Tbsp Black pepper
4 Small Cardamom
1/2 tsp Shahi jeera
To taste Red chilli powder
To taste Salt
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Curd
2 Bay leaf
To garnish Coriander leaves, chopped
2 tsp Desi ghee
2 1/2 Tbsp Cooking oil
* For masala paste grind ginger, garlic, black pepper, cumin seed, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, with water in a grinder, add coriander powder, red chili powder with little water to make smooth paste.
* In a bowl mix minced mutton, liver, curd salt, half of chopped onion, and masala. Mix well and keep for marinating.
* Mean while heat the cooking oil in a cooker, on medium heat.
* Add the caraway seeds and bay leaf fry and. adds the rest of chopped onions now. Fry till they turn golden colour.
* Add marinated Keema fry for 1 minute then add chopped tomatoes.
* Cover the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes (around 1 whistle) then remove from fire.
* When it cool open the lid and fry till oil separates and continue to brown the minced meat, stirring often to prevent burning.
* This should take about 5-7 minutes.
* Garnish with desi ghee and chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot chapattis or paratha.