Diwali 2018- This Diwali Go Healthy With Apple Rabdi
By: Pinki Thu, 01 Nov 2018 12:41 PM
Relish this rich, sweet, creamy and nutty Rabdi this festive season! Rabdi is a milk based, Indian dessert made on festivals and special, celebratory occasions in Indian homes. Here is a healthier version of Rabdi recipe, fillid with the goodness of apples, almonds and pistachios.
3 Medium Apples
1 Litre Milk
4 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Green cardamoms
8-10 Almonds (blanched), sliced
8-10 Pistachios (blanched), sliced
* Pour milk in a broad vessel and bring to a boil. Simmer till reduced to half the original quantity.
* Add sugar and cook on low heat, stirring continuously.
* Peel and grate two apples. Add the grated apples to reduced milk and mix.
* Cook for three to four minutes. Add cardamom powder, almonds and pistachios.
* Pour into a serving dish. Thinly slice the remaining apple. Arrange the slices all around the dish. Serve hot or cold.