Recipe : Eggless Atta Cake For Sweet Mornings
By: Sandeep Fri, 17 Nov 2017 6:58 PM
A cake you can eat for breakfast and not feel guilty about it. This recipes uses healthy alternatives like whole wheat flour, yogurt, cinnamon and nuts.
2 cups atta / whole wheat flour
1-2 cups shakar or gur (depending on your taste)
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp soda bicarbonate (meetha soda)
2 Tbsp cinnamon powder
3/4 cup refined oil
1 cup curd
Water (to be added according to the consistency of the batter)
A handful of walnuts, raisins & figs
* Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
* Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
* Blend the curd and oil together in another bowl. Then mix the dry ingredients into this bowl and fold well.
* Bring it to dripping consistency, adding water if needed.
* Oil the bottom of a baking dish and bake at 170 degrees C for 1 hour 15 minutes while checking at intervals.
* Cut and serve when cool.