Til Laddoo is mostly associated with Makar Sankranti which is also named as Til Sankranti by some communities, and on that day it is a ritual to have this laddoo. Sesame (black or white) is mixed with jaggery and made into small rounds. The flavor of jaggery and sesame blend together to give a mild yet lingering taste.
1 cup Til
2 cups Jaggery
1/2 cup Peanuts
4 tsp Ghee
1/2 cup Water
* Roast the til dry till it turns slightly brown. Also dry roast the peanuts.
* Make powder of both ingredients.
* Heat the kadhai for 5 minutes.
* Put jaggery with water in a hot kadhai and mix well till it melts.
* Now add ghee and the powder. Mix well.
* Make laddus from it immediately using greased palms.
* Til laddus are ready.