Makar Sankranti 2019- Punjab Ka Gur Parantha
By: Pinki Sun, 13 Jan 2019 11:46 AM
Apart from Diwali, the one festival that brings people together for fun, food and festivities is Makar Sankranti, which is celebrated in honour of the Sun God, Surya.
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Powdered jaggery – 3 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
* In a big utensil add flour, salt and 1 tsp ghee.
* Knead the dough with lukewarm water so that it gives you a soft dough.
* After the dough is ready, keep it aside for 20 mins. Add almond powder and jaggery powder and mix nicely.
* Preheat the tawa and take a medium amount of dough and roll it.
* And like every regular parantha dust the dough with flour and roll it.
* Spread ghee on the top of it and take 1-2 tsp of jaggery stuffing and roll it like a ball.
* Close the stuffing properly. Flatten the ball and dust some flour again on the dough and roll gently.
* Place the parantha on hot tawa. Flip the bottom side of parantha when it turns brown and when parantha gets brown from both sides, spread some more ghee and serve.