Makar Sankranti 2019- Try Scrumptious Dish From Rajasthan Til Patti
By: Pinki Sat, 12 Jan 2019 12:31 PM
Here comes another scrumptious dish from Rajasthan. The look-alike of chikki is a thin and translucent treat made with sesame seeds and ghee. The dessert helps to boost hemoglobin level.
Sesame seeds – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup (200 grams)
Ghee – 2 tsp
* Evenly apply some ghee on the rolling board.
* Heat a pan and put the sesame seeds in the pan. Dry roast until the sesame seeds become light brown. Don't over roast the seeds. As their colour changes, transfer them on a plate.
* Reduce the flame, put the 1 tsp of ghee followed by jaggery in the hot pan and cook until the jaggery melts completely.
* Once the jaggery melts, cook the jaggery syrup for another minute then add the sesame seeds to the pan and cook them by stirring continuously on low flame until they mix together.
* As the mixture becomes even, turn off the flame and transfer the jaggery-sesame seeds mixture on the greased rolling board. When the mixture cools down slightly, apply some ghee on the rolling pin and roll out the mixture in a thin patti.
* Now make a cut mark on the mixture with a knife and leave for 5 minutes to cool down.
* minutes later, til gur patti will be ready. Separate them with a knife and place them on a plate.
* Serve these til gur patti right away. You can store them in an airtight container for 2 to 3 months.