Mothers Day 2019- Make Your Mom Feel Special With Pineapple Carrot Cake
By: Pinki Thu, 09 May 2019 3:33 PM
Whether it's a light and airy chiffon cake or a triple-decker crowned with frosting, each of these sweet stunners is sure to impress Mom.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 Eggland's Best eggs
2 jars (6 ounces each) carrot baby food
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
Additional chopped walnuts and edible blossoms, optional
* In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the oil, eggs and baby food; mix on low speed until well blended. Stir in pineapple and nuts.
* Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* For frosting, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla and confectioners' sugar until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
* Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Garnish with nuts and blossoms if desired.
* Store in the refrigerator.