Navratri Recipe- Consume Dahi Sabudana During Fast
By: Pinki Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:32 PM
It is made from sabudana, yogurt, crushed peanuts and spiced with green chilies. You can consume it during navratri vrat or any other Hindu fasting. Sabudana is favorite at home. On many days we are not fasting still I do make the dishes from sabudana. Hubby’s favorite are this dahi sabudana and sabudana thalipeeth (made with sweet potatoes instead potatoes).Sabudana is full of carbohydrate. So it makes you full for longer and provides you enough energy. So you should consume it once during your vrat or upvas.
For soaking sabudana
½ cup Sabudana (Sago or tapioca pearls)
1 cup Chaas (Buttermilk)
For dahi sabudana
1 tablespoon Oil
½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 Green chili chopped finely
2 tablespoons Peanuts roasted and crushed
½ cup Plain yogurt (dahi or curd)
½ cup Water or as needed
Rock Salt (sendha namak) to taste
¼ teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
* Wash sabudana under running cold water or rinse it for 2-3 times.
* Add buttermilk to it and let it soak for 3-4 hours.
* After the soaking time, you will notice they have soaked up all the buttermilk. If there is any liquid left, no need to drain.
* Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
* Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
* Now add chopped green chilies and saute for 30-40 seconds.
* Now add sabudana. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes or till they becomes translucent.
* Now add crushed peanuts. Mix and cook for a minute.
* Now add salt, sugar and yogurt, mix.
* Adjust the consistency by adding water. Let it come to a boil and simmer for only 1-2 minutes.
* Then turn off the stove.
* Add chopped coriander leaves. Mix