Recipe- Add Twist To Your Paneer Masala With Kaju
By: Pinki Thu, 13 Feb 2020 4:39 PM
A unique tasty north indian curry made with cashews and paneer cubes. It is an ideal creamy gravy recipe which is majorly shared and served with garlic naan, roti and chapathi. The recipe is very simple and easy to make and can be made with the most commonly available ingredients in any kitchen.
2 tbsp oil
12 cube paneer / cottage cheese
2 tbsp cashew / kaju
1 tsp butter
1 bay leaf
3 cloves / lavang
2 pod cardamom / elachi
1 tsp cumin / jeera
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
¼ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp garam masala
1 tsp salt
1½ cup tomato puree
2 tbsp cashew paste
2 tbsp cream / malai
¼ cup water
1 tsp kasuri methi, crushed
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
* Firstly, in a kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and saute 12 cubes paneer till it changes colour slightly.
* Keep the roasted paneer aside.
* In the same oil fry 2 tbsp cashew until it turns golden brown.
* Keep aside once the cashew turns golden brown.
* Now add 1 tsp butter and saute 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves, 2 pods cardamom and 1 tsp cumin.
* Add 1 onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute until it turns golden brown.
* Further keeping the flame on low, add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp garam masala and 1 tsp salt.
* Saute on low flame until it turns aromatic.
* Add in 1½ cup tomato puree and mix well. to prepare tomato puree, blend 3 ripened tomatoes to smooth paste.
* Cover and boil for 10 minutes or until the oil separate from sides.
* Further, add 2 tbsp cashew paste and saute until oil separates.
* Also, add 2 tbsp cream and cook on low flame.
* Now add in ¼ water and mix well adjusting consistency as required.
* Furthermore, add fried paneer, cashew and mix well.
* Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until the flavours are well absorbed.
* Also, add 1 tsp kasuri methi and 2 tbsp coriander. mix well.
* Finally, enjoy kaju paneer masala with roti or naan.