Recipe- Ciabatta Sandwich Rolls With A Crispy Crust
By: Pinki Fri, 22 Jan 2021 3:44 PM
Ciabatta Sandwich Rolls are one of the tastiest flat rolls with a crispy crust on the outside and chewy texture inside making them perfect for sandwiches. Sandwiches prepared using Ciabatta Rolls would be great for lunch, dinner or even as an appetizer.
For the starter:
Lukewarm water – 3/4 cup
Active dry yeast – 1/8 tsp
All purpose flour – 1 cup
For the dough:
Lukewarm water – 1 cup
Active dry yeast – 2 1/8 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
All purpose flour – 3 1/4 cup
Lukewarm Milk – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Vegetable or Olive oil – 3 tbsp
* Combine together lukewarm water, pinch of yeast and flour in a bowl to form a starter paste. (I have added 1/8 tsp from the yeast packet, and used the remaining 2 1/8 tsp of yeast while preparing the dough),
* Let it rise in a warm place overnight.
* Once the starter is ready, you can begin preparing the dough.
* In a large bowl add lukewarm water, remaining yeast and sugar. Let the yeast activate for about 5 to 10 minutes.
* To this add prepared starter, all purpose flour, luke warm milk, salt and vegetable oil and knead for about 10 to 12 minutes to form a smooth, soft and elastic dough.
* Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a lid or kitchen towel and let the dough rise for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
* Transfer the risen dough to a well floured working surface. Lightly deflate the dough using your hand. Portion the dough into 12 equal parts.
* Roll each of the 12 portions gently on the working surface to form balls.
* Cover these balls with kitchen towel and let it rest for 5 – 10 mins.
* Then lightly flour each ball, and using a rolling pin roll it to a flat bread about 3 to 4 inches in diameter and about 1 cm thick.
* Transfer this flat bread to a baking sheet (I used a silicone mat). Repeat to form 12 flat disks/bread.
* Cover it with a dry kitchen towel and let it rise for 2 hours.
* Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
* Once the dough is risen, create dimples or indentations on the surface of the flat bread by gently poking your fingers.
* Using a spray bottle, spritz the surface of the flat bread with a fine spray of water.
* Immediately transfer the flat breads into a preheated oven, apply couple of spritz of water to the oven walls (to create quick steam) and then bake for 18 minutes.
* The sandwich rolls will lightly puff up and develop a light golden color on the surface.
* Remove and let it cool completely.
* Ciabatta Sandwich Rolls are now ready. Serve and enjoy.