Recipe- Classic Macroni Salad
By: Kratika Tue, 12 Jan 2021 5:24 PM
This Vegan Macaroni Salad is the perfect salad for summer potlucks and picnics. Packed with veggies, this salad has a creamy green dressing made with avocados and cilantro.
You are sure to love this vegan spin on the classic macaroni salad!
8 oz macaroni little more than 1.5 cups macaroni
1 medium red pepper diced, around 3/4 cup diced red pepper
2 medium carrots chopped, around 3/4 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped dill
2 large avocados
1/4 cup packed cilantro
1/2 cup vegan yogurt I used plain almond milk yogurt
1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
salt to taste
* First start off by chopping all the veggies. Here I have used all the classics that are used in a macaroni salad- red onion, red pepper, carrot and celery.
* Boil the macaroni as per instructions on the package. The only thing to keep in mind is that your macaroni shouldn't get mushy. It should be al-dente for this salad. Toss the boiled macaroni with all the chopped veggies in a large bowl and set it aside.
* Next to your food processor or blender, add all the ingredients for the dressing - avocados, cilantro, almond milk yogurt, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic salt, ground black pepper and salt to taste.
* Blend until everything is well combined and you get a smooth green and creamy dressing on hand.
* Add in the prepared dressing to the bowl of macaroni and veggies.
* Mix well using a spatula until all of the dressing is well combined with the macaroni and the veggies. Taste test and adjust the salt and pepper to taste at this point.
* Sprinkle chopped dill on top. If you don't like dill, you may skip it!
* Cover the vegan macaroni salad with a cling sheet and refrigerate 3-4 hours before serving.