Recipe- Delicious Grilled Halibut
By: Pinki Thu, 21 May 2020 1:16 PM
Easy and delicious grilled halibut recipe with honey and lemon will have you falling in love with fish for the first time, or all over again! Enjoy a healthy and delicious meal ready in just minutes! The trick with fish is to not overcook it. It is done as soon as it can be flaked with a fork. Get it off the heat as soon as it turns white. This particular marinade is great on lots of different fish, but halibut will always be my favorite. It is mild in flavor and brings out the delicate flavors of the fish. Serve it with a spritz of additional lemon juice for that extra hit of acidity.
2 tablespoons butter melted
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 lemon juiced
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic minced
1 pound fresh halibut filet
* In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, pepper, and garlic.
* Portion your halibut by cutting it with a sharp knife into 3 or 4 pieces.
* A serving size of fish is 3 to 6 oz so portion it depending on the particular size of your filet. Brush both sides of each with the liquid mixture.
* Heat pan until it is sizzling hot (a drop of water sizzles and immediately evaporates when it hits the pan. Sear the halibut for 90 seconds on each side.
* Reduce the heat to medium and cook each side for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the fish can be easily flaked with a fork.