Recipe- Delicious Grilled Margherita Sandwich
By: Pinki Fri, 22 Jan 2021 3:44 PM
Grilled Margherita Sandwich or Pizza Sandwich is a fresh, light and flavorful sandwich prepared using delicious white bread and your favorite classic pizza ingredients.A cheese sandwich that is perfect for picnics, potluck, other holiday brunch, lunch or dinner gatherings – or in other words, a sandwich that is perfect for anytime of the year! I am sure you will not only fall in love with this recipe but make it often in your kitchen.
12 Bread slices of your choice
6 tbsp Marinara sauce
8 oz Fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into slices
3 Large tomatoes, sliced
Garlic powder, to taste
Black pepper powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
1 to 2 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 cup Basil leaves or Mint leaves, loosely packed
6 tbsp Butter, melted
* Spread about a tablespoon of marinara sauce on 1 side of each of the 6 bread slices. Top this evenly with mozzarella cheese and sliced tomatoes.
* Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, black pepper powder and garlic powder. Drizzle olive oil and place 5 to 6 basil leaves on each slice.
* Place the other remaining slices of bread and brush the top with some butter.
* Heat a skillet / grill pan over medium high heat.
* Place the sandwich butter-side down and brush the other side with butter.
* Cook till its golden brown and crispy on both the sides for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side and cheese is melted and starts to ooze out.
* If you find that the cheese has not melted enough, place the sandwich in preheated 350 degree oven for additional 2 to 3 minutes.
* Grilled Margherita Sandwich is now ready. Serve immediately and enjoy.