Recipe- Easy To Make Indian Cheese Corn Toast
By: Pinki Mon, 11 Nov 2019 5:37 PM
An easy and mouth-watering recipes using cheese, corn, bread and seasoning. Perfect for breakfast or kids snacks – ready in 15 minutes. It’s a mixture of corn, capsicum in a light white sauce baked on bread.
8 Bread Slices - Cut into triangle
1 Cup Corn - You can use fresh /frozen or canned corn
1 Cup Capsicum/Bell Pepper - thinly chopped
1 Cup Onion - thinly chopped
1/2 Cup Tomatoes - thinly chopped
2 Tbsp Colored Bell Pepper - optional
1 Jalapeno - thinly chopped - optional
1/4 Cup Cheese - shredded - you can use any variety
White Sauce Ingredients
2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Butter - I'm using salted butter
1/2 Cup Milk
Salt as per taste
Pinch of Black Pepper
* Preheat the oven at 180c.
* In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tbsp butter.
* Once the butter is melted, add all purpose flour and mix evenly.
* Keep the heat at low and saute the butter - flour mix for 2 minutes.
* Add milk and mix evenly to form a smooth batter.
* Add salt, pepper, all the mentioned veggies and keep mixing the batter till it thickens and coat the back of a spoon.
* Turn of the heat and remove the pan and let this mixture cool a bit.
* Spoon the mixture over each slice (cut into a triangle) and sprinkle with cheese.
* Place the slices on a baking tray and bake for 8 minutes.
* Remove the baked cheese corn toast from the baking tray and serve fresh.