Recipe- Easy To Make Lauki Kheer
By: Pinki Fri, 29 May 2020 1:11 PM
Easy Lauki Kheer made in the Instant Pot.
This pudding made of bottle gourd (lauki) is an easy way to satisfy your sweet craving and is flavored with cardamom.Lauki (bottle gourd) was not a very popular vegetable in my house. My brothers used to hate it, I liked it of course just because I loved every vegetable.The only way everyone ate it happily was when mom made lauki halwa or lauki kheer out of it.
2 teaspoons ghee 10 ml
1 tablespoon broken cashews
1 tablespoon golden raisins
2.5 cups grated lauki bottle gourd, packed, from 600 gram lauki
3 cups whole milk 24 oz
1/2 cup sugar 100 grams, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
3/4 teaspoon kewra water or rose water
few saffron strands optional
* Before you start, peel and grate the lauki. Remember to grate the lauki from the thicker side of the grater, if you grate from the thin side, it just loses texture which I like to retain in the kheer. So, grate using the thicker holes.
* Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. Once it displays hot, add the ghee. Then add the cashews and raisins.
* Fry for few seconds until the raisins plump and cashews start becoming golden brown.
* Remove them from the pot on a plate.
* Then add the grated lauki to the pot. Saute for 2 minutes.
* Then add the milk and stir. Also add the sugar. Stir and close the pot with the lid.
* Press the Porridge button and adjust the time to 9 minutes (on high pressure). Let the pressure release naturally.
* Open the pot and press the saute button. Add cardamom powder, kewra water (or rose water) and saffron strands.
* Also add back the fried cashews and raisins.
* Let the kheer simmer on saute for 5 minutes. It will continue to thicken as it cools down.
* Serve lauki kheer warm or chilled. I love mine chilled.