Recipe- Eggless Oats Jaggery Cookies Make A Nice Treat With Chai Or Coffee
By: Kratika Tue, 15 Sept 2020 3:58 PM
Eggless Oats Jaggery Cookies flavored with cardamom, cinnamon, nuts and sweetened with jaggery.
These cookies are refined sugar free and make a nice treat with chai or coffee. I am back with yet another healthy-ish cookie recipe.
If you guys love my Whole Wheat Jaggery Cookies, then you will love these Oats Jaggery Cookies too!
Just like the whole wheat jaggery cookies, these are free of refined sugar and made with whole grains.
Simple, good for you stuff.
I don’t claim these cookies to be super healthy or anything like that but these are so much better than store-bought stuff.
1 cup atta 130 grams, durum whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats old fashioned, 100 grams
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cardamom
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter 113 grams, at room temperature
3/4 cup jaggery powder 96 grams, measured after sifting the jaggery powder
2-3 tablespoons milk 30-45 ml
1/4 cup chopped nuts I used chopped cashews and almonds
* Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
* To a large bowl, add atta, rolled oats, baking powder, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix until everything is well combined. Set this aside.
* Sift powdered jaggery before measuring and using in the recipe. Sifting is important so don't skip it.
* To the steel bowl of your stand mixer or use your hand mixer, add room temperature butter and powdered sifted jaggery.
* Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer, beat the butter and jaggery until well combined and creamy, for 2 to 3 minutes.
* Add milk and mix until combined.
* Add in the flour-oats mixture. Mix until it all combines together. Then add in the nuts.
* Mix after adding the nuts. The dough will be wet and sticky. That's okay.
* Take a small portion from the dough, around 35-40 grams. Roll to form a round shape.
* Then press it between your palms to flatten it and make a circle of around 2.5 inch diameter.
* Repeat with remaining dough and make all the cookies similarly. You will get 13 to 14 cookies.
* Arrange all the cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
* Bake at 350 F degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. I bake for 20 minutes for crispier edges.
* You can even bake for 22 minutes for even crispier cookies.
* Remove Oats Jaggery Cookies from the baking sheet and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
* Once cooled, store them in an airtight container. Enjoy with a glass of milk or coffee or chai.