Recipe- Enjoy Watermelon Smoothie With Your Family
By: Pinki Thu, 28 May 2020 9:07 PM
Watermelon smoothies are a bit different from other fruit smoothies since watermelon has extremely high water content. If you don't know how to make a watermelon smoothie correctly, this can result in a watery smoothie with little flavor.
3 cups seedless watermelon (frozen, cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
1 cup milk (or almond milk, soy milk, whole milk)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
3 tablespoons maple syrup
Garnish: 2 sprigs mint
Garnish: 2 small wedges of fresh watermelon
* Gather the ingredients.
* Cut watermelon into small chunks. Make sure watermelon chunks are fairly small about 1/2-inch to make chunks easier to blend into the smoothie.
* Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place fresh cut watermelon on the cookie sheet, leaving space between the pieces.
* Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour. Or if preparing the watermelon in advance for smoothies later in the week, transfer to a plastic storage bag and freeze until ready to use.
* Place frozen watermelon chunks in a Vita-Mix Blender (compare prices) or a regular blender. Top with milk, yogurt, then maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
* Serve watermelon smoothies immediately, using chilled glasses. Garnish with a wedge of watermelon and fresh mint, if desired.