Recipe- Evenings Will Be Better With Honey Chicken
By: Pinki Sat, 23 May 2020 4:55 PM
This honey chicken is crispy pieces of chicken breast that are fried to golden brown perfection, then tossed in a sweet and savory honey sauce. A homemade version of the takeout classic that tastes even better than what you would get at a restaurant!
My family loves when I prepare some of our favorite Asian style dishes at home including sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls and this amazingly delicious honey chicken. Add a side of rice and dinner is served!
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
oil for frying canola or vegetable oil
1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons water divided use
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch
* Place the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
* Place the flour and 1/2 cup corn starch in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Stir to combine.
* Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the flour. Repeat the process with all of the chicken.
* Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pot to 350 degrees F.
* Add 7-8 pieces of chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
* Drain the chicken on paper towels.
* While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Place the honey, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of water, sesame oil and apple cider vinegar in a small pan. Bring to a simmer.
* Mix the corn starch with the remaining tablespoon of water. Pour the corn starch mixture into the honey mixture.
* Bring the sauce to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
* Toss the honey sauce with the chicken. Sprinkle with green onions, then serve.