Recipe- Here Are 6 Delicious But Zero Oil Foods For A Healthy Heart And Body
By: Pinki Fri, 24 July 2020 11:36 AM
It is really the need of the day to eliminate oil from our kitchen, our diets and ultimately our body. Owing to today’s lifestyle, including unhealthy oils do a lot more harm to your body than you can imagine. Here are top 6 delicious but zero oil foods for a healthy heart and body.
* Potato Chips
2 medium sized potatoes.
Dry Parsley Leaves
- Peel the potatoes and slice them in the form on thin chips.
- Line a baking sheet and arrange a layer of the sliced potatoes. Sprinkle the salt and the herbs on top to taste.
- Bake the chips for an hour, or till they turn golden brown and crisp, in a pre-heated oven at 175F.
* Apple Crispies
1 thinly sliced apple
Salt and chilli powder
- Mix the spices with the sliced apples, and bake the slices for around 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 450F.
* Bread Pakoda
Gram flour 2 cups
8 Bread slices
1/2 t spoon of red chilli powder
1/2 t Spoon of garam masala powder
- Mix all the Masala ingredients in a bowl.
- Take all the Coating ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Keep adding water gradually to make a lump-free batter of running consistency. Let the batter stay put for around 10-15 minutes.
- Spread the masala between two slices of bread and cut it into a desired shape if you want.
- Dip the prepared slices in the coating batter to cover both the sides evenly. Cook the same on a pre-heated griller.
* Oats Dhokla
½ cup quick cooking powdered oats and semolina, each
¼ cup yoghurt
½ tsp green chilli paste
½ tsp fruit salt
- Mix all the ingredients (except the fruit salt) with ¾ cup water in a bowl to make a smooth batter.
- Add the fruit salt and mix it well with a light hand.
- Pour the batter out into a container and steam it for around 8-10 minutes. Let it cool and cut it into desired shape.
* Steamed Dahi Vada
50 gm Moong Dal
150 gm Urad dal
1 inch piece ginger
1 pinch asafoetida
Salt to taste
½ tsp Fruit salt
- Wash and soak the dals for around four hours. Drain the water and grind the two in a mixer, without adding any water. Empty the grinded dal in a bowl.
- Add salt, ginger and asafoetida to the coarse batter and beat it well. Add fruit salt and mix it well with light hands.
- Take a drop of oil and grease the moulds in an idli stand. Pour out enough water and boil it in the cooker ensuring the moulds in the idli stand are not covered in it.
- Take a spoon of the prepared batter and pour it in the - one by one. Let the dahivada mixture cook for around 10 minutes.
6 Corn tortillas
½ cup finely chopped spring onions,
grated low fat cottage cheese and shredded cabbage, each
- Take a portion of the refried beans, cabbage, spring onions and cottage cheese, and place it on an end on the tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla, from the end where you have placed the filling. Do the same with the other tortillas. Heat up a non-stick pan, and cook the prepared burritos on the pan.