Recipe- Homemade Easy Garlic Knots
By: Kratika Tue, 23 Feb 2021 5:39 PM
Once you try your hands on this Homemade Easy Garlic Knots Recipe, you’ll never buy it from the store again. These pillow-soft garlic knots are soft, tender, buttery, and so delicious.
Smear it with some extra garlic butter and pair it with homemade soup for a hearty meal.
2-1/4 teaspoons Active dry yeast
1 tablespoon Sugar
1/4 cup Lukewarm water
For The Knots
3 cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Olive oil or butter
3/4 cup Lukewarm water (add a tablespoon more if needed)
Garlic Butter Spread
1/4 cup Melted butter vegan butter
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tablespoons Fresh Parsley Leaves
Salt to taste
Activate The Yeast
* In a small bowl, combine yeast and sugar in ¼ cup of lukewarm water.
* Mix to combine. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Soon it will look creamy and frothy.
* In another 3-4 minutes, it will bloom and become all frothy and bubbly.
* This proofing procedure shows that yeast is alive and active. If by now your yeast has not become frothy, please discard and start over.
Prepare The Garlic Knots Dough
* Add flour to a large mixing bowl. Add salt and baking powder. Mix it well.
* Pour in the yeast mixture.
* Add olive oil and the reamining ¾ cup of water water. If needed add a tablespoon more to bind the dough.
* Mix all the ingredients for 3-5 minutes until it forms a soft, pliable dough.
Proofing The Dough
* Grease the Instant Pot insert. Transfer the dough to the Instant Pot.
* Cover it with a glass lid.
* Turn the Instant pot on by pressing the ‘Yogurt’ button. Adjust the pressure to ‘Less.’ Set the timer to 30 minutes.
* After 30 minutes, the dough will expand and double in size.
Knead and Shape The Dough
* Dust the surface with flour and transfer the kneaded dough onto the dusted surface. Punch down the dough and knead it for 2-3 minutes.
* Preheat oven @ 375 degrees F. While the oven is heating, flatten the dough.
* Cut the flattened dough into long strips.
* Roll the dough strips like logs. If the dough feels sticky than dust it with extra flour, and let’s make some garlic knots.
* Take a dough log. Fold and make it look like a horseshoe.
* We will work with the right end of the dough – Take the right end of the dough and lap it over the left end.
* It will form a loop. Now pass the right end of the dough through it.
* Make a loose knot. Tighten it to form the knot. You will still have dough left at both ends.
* Take one end of the dough, wrap it over the knot and into the hole (where you see my finger). Gently press it down.
* Repeat the same with the right end -wrap it over the knot and into the hole.
* Press and secure both ends. Your garlic knots are ready. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
* Grease a baking tray. Spread the garlic knots on the tray.
* Brush each roll with garlic-parsley butter spread.
* Bake the garlic knots for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven (@375 degree F).
* Once baked, brush with butter and serve hot.