Recipe- Hyderabad Famous Aloo Bajji
By: Kratika Wed, 16 Sept 2020 6:26 PM
Hot Bajji – Who can say no to it? either its vazhakai or urulaikilangu bajji – I just cant stop with one. When it was raining cats & dogs last week hubby suggested to make aloo bajji with a add on saying that you can make a post too…yeah he knows me well. Potato fritters are crispy and luscious snack made with sliced potatoes coated with spicy chick pea flour batter.
Bajji is a quick and easy snack which can be prepared in just 15 minutes. It does not need much ingredients. You can prepare bajji with vegetables like brinjal, raw plantain, onion, chilli, baby corn, cauliflower etc.
Potato - 3 numbers.
Rice flour - 1/2 cup.
Chick pea flour (besan) - 2 cups.
Red chili powder - 1 tea spoon.
Carom seeds - 1/2 tea spoon.
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tea spoon.
Chat masala - 1 tablespoon.
Baking soda - 1 pinch.
Oil - to fry.
Salt - to taste.
Water - as required
* Take a bowl, add besan, rice flour, salt, carom seeds, ginger garlic paste, baking soda, red chilli powder, little oil and mix it.
* Then add water and mix it like bajji batter.
* Peel the potatoes and make thin slices.
* Dip each potato slices into the basen batter.
* Heat oil to deep fry. Put battered potatoes in hot oil and fry them till it get golden brown.
* Take out on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
* Sprinkle with chat masala on top of it.