Recipe- Make Your Dinner Special With Dal Nawabi
By: Pinki Sun, 09 Aug 2020 7:54 PM
Have guests coming over for dinner and tired to cook? Well, this dal nawabi will surely be your savior for the night. Extremely easy to cook and tasty to eat along with rotis and rice too, this dish is as royal as its name. Here is its recipe.
1 cup mix dal
onions and tomatoes (both finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 drops of lemon juice
1 piece of cinnamon
2 tsp poppy seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 piece of mace
2 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 whole red chillies
* Fry all the ingredients and keep aside to cool. Once cool, mix in the grinder.
* Heat ghee in the cooker, add ginger-garlic paste and onions and fry until golden.
* Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and fry for ten minutes.
* Add powdered powdered masala, lentils and water as needed. cook till 2-3 whistles.
* Add lemon juice and keep it covered for 1-2 minutes.
* Heat oil in the pan and simmer cumin and red chili powder.
* Pour this tadka into pulses and serve hot.