Recipe- Make Your Mornings Better With Paruppu Vada
By: Pinki Wed, 20 Nov 2019 10:53 AM
Masala Vada (Paruppu Vadai) is a spicy and crunchy evening snack. It is easy and simple to make in 20 minutes apart from a soaking time.
2 cup CHANNA DAL
0.50 tbsp FENNEL SEED
1 no GREEN CHILIES
2 no DRY RED CHILIES
1 tsp GINGER GRATED
1 inch CINNAMON STICK
1 cup ONION CHOPPED
2 cups OIL (for deep frying)
0.25 tsp HING OR ASAFOETIDA
1 tsp SALT
* Soak the channa dal in cold water for about 5 hours and drain the water completely.
* Grind fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, green chilies, red chilies, ginger to a coarse paste first.
* Add channa dal and grind it together with spices to a coarse paste (this step helps to blend and mix the spices with channa dal without staying as it is or getting stuck in between while grinding.
* In a medium bowl add grounded channa dal mixture, chopped onion, salt, hing (asafoetida) and mix well.
* Divide the batter into small portions and roll it into the ball shape. Press in between the palms and make a patty.
* Deep fry it in a medium flame until the color changes into golden brown.