Recipe- Make Your Summer Time Delicious With Kesar Pista Falooda
By: Pinki Mon, 25 May 2020 11:10 AM
Kesar Pista Falooda is a delicious Indian Dessert Drink prepared by condensing milk along with saffron and pistachios. Sabja seeds added to the falooda adds a very nice crunch while the falooda sev is nice and soft. Falooda tastes best when served chilled topped with ice cream, tutti frutti and cherries.
Sabja seeds are seeds from the sweet basil plant and it most nutritious when soaked in water and consumed. They are high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which helps in boosting metabolism which aids in weight loss. It reduces body heat, treats acidity and heartburn.
2 cups Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Saffron strands
1 tablespoon Basil seeds (Sabja)
3 tablespoons Pistachios, crushed
1/8 cup Falooda sev
Ice cream , few scoops
Tutti frutti, for garnishing
Glazed Cherries, for garnishing
* To begin making Kesar Pista Falooda Recipe, first soak sabja seeds (basil seeds) adding enough water for 15 minutes. Once it expands and increases in quantity, drain from the water and keep aside.
* Place a pot of water on heat and bring it to a boil. Switch off the flame, add the falooda sev, keep it for 15 to 20 minutes. After 15 to 20 minutes, drain the water and keep the falooda sev aside.
* In a pan, add milk and bring it to a boil.
* Once it starts boiling, simmer the flame and add crushed pistachios, sugar and saffron strands (kesar) to it.
* Stir well and boil until the milk thickens a little. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
* Once the milk is cool, refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
* To assemble Kesar Pista Falooda, take a tall serving glass. Add a tablespoon of soaked sabja seeds followed by 2 tablespoons of cooked falooda sev and pour cooled saffron pista milk until 3/4th of the glass.
* Add a large scoop of ice cream on top and garnish the Kesar Pista Falooda with tutti fruity and glazed cherries.
* The delicious Kesar Pista Falooda is ready to be served.
* Serve this delicious Kesar Pista Falooda as a dessert at your dinner party.