Recipe- Make Your Valentine Healthy With Masala Dosa
By: Pinki Thu, 13 Feb 2020 4:34 PM
Basically a thin crepe prepared from rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds. In addition, it is stuffed with potato masala and served with chutneys and sambar.
3 cups rice, sona masuri / dosa rice
1 cup urad dal
½ tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
1 cup thin poha / avalakki / beaten rice
1 tbsp semolina / sooji / bombay rava
salt to taste
water for soaking
1 cup aloo bhaji / potato masala
5 tbsp oil, for roasting
* Firstly, soak rice and methi seeds for 5 hours.
* Furthermore, soak urad dal for 3 hours.
* Transfer the soaked urad dal into blender and blend to smooth and fluffy batter.
* Pour it into a large bowl and keep aside.
* Further, blend the soaked rice along with poha adding water if required.
* Transfer to the same bowl of urad dal batter.
* Also mix, cover and ferment in a warm place for 8- 12 hours.
* Additionally, mix and scoop the required batter in a different bowl.
* And add rava, salt and water (if required) to the batter and mix well.
* Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion thin circle.
* Also smear a little oil over it.
* Then cover the dosa for a minute and cook till the bottom of dosa turns golden brown.
* Further spread a tbsp of aloo bhaji at the centre.
then roll the dosa along with masala.
* Finally, serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambar.