Recipe- Popular Street Food In India Atho
By: Kratika Wed, 16 Sept 2020 6:15 PM
Atho,a Burmese food also a popular street food in India.Atho is nothing but cooked plain noodles mixed and served with fresh raw vegetables.Orange colored noodles are used in making Atho,I have used plain noodles with orange food color.Many are addicted to these Burmese food ,two things that are very annoying about this Atho are they are prepared in unclean,dirty places and the veggies are raw and exposed to lot of contamination and pollution.So now with easy recipe and simple steps,you can easily make them at home.
I have excluded ajinomotto from this ,but if you would like to add just add a pinch of it.So do try this recipe at home under hygienic condition with clean fresh veggies.
1 noodles pack
1 handful thinly sliced onions
1 handful thinly sliced cabbage
1 boiled medium sized potato
1 handful chopped coriander leaves
1 onion thinly sliced (for frying)
1/2 + 1/2 chilli powder or 1 tsp red chilly flakes
2 tbsp roasted bengal gram flour
A pinch of orange food color
1 & 1/2 tbsp oil
1 lime (only juice)
Salt as required
* Pressure cook the potato and cut into small pieces.
* Heat oil in a kadai,deep fry the onions until golden brown and keep it aside.
* Add 1/2 tsp of chilli powder to the deep fried oil and keep it aside.
* Bring water to boil,add a tsp of salt,orange food color and the noodle cake.Once cooked strain through a strainer and keep it aside.
* Mix the cooked noodles,cabbage,onions,potato,coriander leaves and fried onions together.
* Finally add the roasted bengal gram flour,chilli powder,required salt,deep fried oil,lime juice and mix well.
* Sevre the colored,yummy Atho for breakfast or Dinner.