Recipe- Punjabi Style Lahsuni Dal Palak
By: Pinki Mon, 10 Aug 2020 3:07 PM
In this rainy weather what could be more better than some hot dal and rice for lunch. Made with a punjabi twist of palak and lahsun, this dal is healthy and tasty. It simple to make and requires very less preparation time.
1-1 1/2 cups of tur dal and masoor dal
3 buds of garlic (cut into long slices)
2 buds of garlic (crushed)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1- 1 1/2 onions and tomatoes (chopped
2 cups spinach (all three finely chopped)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ghee / oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
* Add both the pulses, 1 cup of water, green chillies and turmeric powder in the cooker and cook till 2-3 whistles.
* Mash lightly after cooling.
* In another pan, heat ghee. Add garlic and fry it until golden and keep aside.
* Add cumin seeds in remaining oil.
* Add chopped garlic and onion and fry it.
* Add spinach and red chili powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Add tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
* Add the mashed lentil, salt and half cup water and boil for a little over 5 minutes on low flame.
* Take out lemon juice from the flame and mix it.
* Garnish with roasted garlic and serve it with rice or chapati.