Recipe- Quick And Easy To Make Stuffed Samosa Curry Buns
By: Pinki Fri, 06 Sept 2019 12:47 PM
Soft, delicious buns filled with spicy samosa stuffing using potatoes with a hint of curry. These Stuffed Samosa Curry Buns are a perfect snack to be enjoyed at tea-time or parties.
1 Can Flakey Biscuit Dough - thawed
4 Large Boiled Potatoes - mashed
1//2 Cup Frozen Peas - thawed
1/4 Cup Frozen Carrots - thawed (optional)
2 Tsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Dry Mango Powder - you may use lemon juice
1/2 Tsp Salt - use as per taste
Coating the Buns:
1 Eggs - whisked (optional)
1 Tsp Melted Butter
1 Tsp Chopped Cilantro
Make the Samosa Curry Filling:
* Heat 2 tsp oil in a skillet.
* Add frozen peas, carrots and saute for 2 minutes over medium-high. (till they are slightly cooked and mushy).
* Now, add the spice mix and saute everything.
* Add the mashed potatoes and saute for another 2 minutes or till everything is slightly cooked.
* Turn off the heat and cool the filling completely.
Stuffing the Samosa Buns:
* Open the biscuit can and slice each biscuit disc into half. (you’d get 16 halved discs)
* Now, make balls of the half biscuit dough.
* Take one ball and roll it into 2 inches thick round disc.
* Take 1 tbsp potato filling and add it in the center of the disc.
* Press the edges on top together to close them.
* Place the stuffed bun (edges side down) in the skillet/baking pan.
* Similarly, fill all the buns and place them into the skillet/baking pan.
Making the Stuffed Samosa Curry Buns:
* Bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 375F (Look for a golden baked crust, keep an eye as all oven are different).
* Once the buns are baked, then turn off the oven.
* In a bowl, mix butter and cilantro leaves.
* Place the baked buns outside (while still hot) and slather each bun with this butter mixture for that golden shiny crust.
* Transfer to a serving tray and serve with hot tea.